1. Go to `about:config` and convince it that you know what you're doing.
2. Search for `media.autoplay.default`.
3. Double-click `0` and enter `1` if you want to always block, or `2` if you want to be prompted for every site that tries to autoplay (which can help with some sites that don't work quite right with blocked autoplay.)
4. Enjoy your significantly-more-pleasant browsing experience!
#Firefox #ProTip: stop videos from autoplaying (and also stop other web annoyances) Show more
1) Go to `about:config` and convince it you know what you're doing
2) pour gasoline on computer and set computer on fire
3) enjoy your significantly-more-pleasant internet experience!
I have a specific Firefox instance for YouTube
I long since gave up on vimeo working under any circumstances
Other sites I take on a case by case basis
I do need to come up with a plan for PeerTube and other Federated video sharing instances
ｃｙｂｒｅｓｐａｃｅ: the social hub of the information superhighway
jack in to the mastodon fediverse today and surf the dataflow through our cybrepunk, slightly glitchy web portal