:boost_ok: please tell me everything you know about getting the fee for a name and gender change waived in washington

the forms are here

· · Web · 2 · 27 · 8

@vantablack I'm not American nor a lawyer, but in your financial statement set out the amount you have crowdfunded + any other income and in the other bit point out the medical problems preventing you getting normal work (especially with Covid risks) and that you are estranged from your parents (so they aren't supporting you). Call that 888 number at the bottom, it seems to be some legal aid type arrangement (as it seems to require some lawyer to approve everything)

@vantablack One thing I can tell you from experience is, I don't believe Washington actually has any court/legal process for gender changes; you basically just ask the different agencies to update the gender on your documents. You only need a court order for the name change.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

cybrespace: the social hub of the information superhighway jack in to the mastodon fediverse today and surf the dataflow through our cybrepunk, slightly glitchy web portal support us on patreon or liberapay!