I've been able to get some pretty good contracts on my freelancing, but the fact I only freelance in the summer is seriously getting in the way of that last goal.
- Setup a personal server at home on an unused computer, investigate if I can stop using my vps (or only use it for the website)
- Make enough money through my #freelancing to actually owe taxes
Happy new years everybody
- Finish reading The #Rust Programming Book
- Finish reading #Haskell Programming: From First Principles
- Finish reading #lisp Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Setup and use a personal wiki
- Contribute to at least one #opensource project
- Donate money to the #tor project, either through torservers or directly to the tor organisation.
I’m starting to work on the manual of CHICKEN Scheme’s upcoming major release.
Do you have anything you would love to see in a manual or tutorial introduction? Any input in welcome!
(boost if you want to help a cool open-source project 😇)
Facebook updated how posts show up so that uBlock removes every single post.
the platform's sorta better that way.
Just saw Arrival. A good movie made worse by the fact that it spoils itself, to a certain extent, right at the beginning.
The source novella, The Story of Your Life, is better in a lot of ways, but the movie does a great job of representing the heptapods.
“Why isn’t the new year on winter solstice?”
The answer, honestly, is that the Romans had no fucking idea how to run a calendar.
The first transgender suicide hotline is now up and running in the U.S. You can reach Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.
If you need help, or need someone to talk to, please call. <3
adhd-friendliness as an important software accessibility design point
This terrifyingly real article about the surveillance of the majority-Muslim Xinjiang region of western china : https://www.wsj.com/articles/twelve-days-in-xinjiang-how-chinas-surveillance-state-overwhelms-daily-life-1513700355 (no paywall: http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Twelve-Days-in-Xinjiang--How-China%E2%80%99s-Surveillance-State-Overwhelms-Daily-Life.HJrRAhLzz.html)
The S in IoT stands for security