Things I liked about 80's/90's computing:
- Total control over my hardware
- Software that worked with me, not against me
- Superior aesthetics (yeah I said it :3 )
- Overall sense of promise and freedom
Things I like about computing today:
- Easy and open access to knowledge
- Insane amounts of storage
- The sheer computing POWERRRR
Now if only we could make these attributes come together instead of being period exclusive.
@polychrome Also, 80s/90s computing was housed in transparent plastic. I got to see my technology and it made me feel closer to it.
@kelseyhusky wait, which machines were packed in transparent plastic? The ones I've had were all opaque plastic and metal :o
Cybrespace is an instance of Mastodon, a social network based on open web protocols and free, open-source software. It is decentralized like e-mail.