Oh man oh man oh man oh man -- the Ingenuity Helicopter on #Mars swung over and took a view of the backshell and parachute used to land Perseverance on Mars! It is so cool what we can get up to when we have a little drone accompanying our rovers. #JPL #Mars #Astronomy #Perseverance #Space #Science
Raw image: https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/raw-images/HSF_0414_0703689952_044ECM_N0260001HELI00005_000085J
New people, welcome to Mastodon and the Fediverse!
Here's how to get started:
2. Find out your Mastodon/Fediverse address so you can share it with friends (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107248252715651564)
3. Invite people to join you on here by telling them to go to https://joinmastodon.org and click on "Get Started". It doesn't matter if they join a different server because the servers talk to each other (here's a bit more of an explanation https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107021461185874594)
4. Find out what the Fediverse is (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107044096139091624)
5. Find out why Mastodon being on so many different servers/instances is a really good thing (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107083735491993183)
6. If you see anything nasty, you can report it to your friendly server admin (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106540152842368591)
7. You can (sort of) verify your account if you own a website (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106274105538953001)
If you have any questions, @ me or DM me!
#feditips Used to using Tweetdeck or a similar interface? You can achieve the same effect by selecting "Enable Advanced Web Interface" in your settings, and then pin multiple columns.
Righto, here’s my fedi-tips:
- it’s slower here, less addictive than corp social media. This is a good thing, try and enjoy it.
- you see what you follow. No ads, no obscure reshuffling, no manipulating your emotions. Enjoy that too.
- please consider using CWs. Could it hurt, shock, upset, harm?
- please describe your pictures if you can
- give benefit of the doubt: text easily misleads
- shared something negative? Maybe follow with positive action.
- fash, queerphobes, bigots: fuck off 💚
After two weeks on here all I can say is that Mastodon will never replace the late stage Rage Twitter of the 2020s or even the 2010s, but it certainly feels a little like back in 2009 when Twitter was just a bunch of random folks enjoying Nutella jokes and tweeting Kafka quotes. People here are neither desperately networking nor permanently enraged. They just hang out.