these two are the embodiment of "be gay do crimes"
be gay do balloon crimes
woah is this still my biggest toot? i assumed jacuzzi had passed it but apparently not lol
@em james and jessie are literally the greatest beause they also say fuck gender norms and wear whatever they please
1. crossdressing is a VERY Japanese thing, and considered more-or-less normal.
2. Episode "The Treasure Is All Mine!" reveals he has a fiancée.
3. He is flamboyant and emotional, but that in and of itself != indication of sexuality
4. It's a kids show. Kids shows do not deal with sexuality in that manner, even in Japan.
5. The manga straight up tells you he is hetero.
@matt no actually there aren't any straight people in the pokemon universe. sorry you had to find out this way
They also treat Meowth as an equal rather than a slave contra to how basically everyone else in the Pokéverse treat their pokémon 😻
@em I love how not only can I read these lines in James and Jessie's voices, but also imagine them being attacked by a Lugia in the next scene
"To Protect the World From Devastation /
To Unite All People Within Our Nations /
To Denounce the Evils of Truth and Love /
To Extend Our Reach to the Stars Above /
That amazing introduction is iconic. and amazing. They may not be supervillains but they do have a certain freedom about them to do whatever they please. That includes being whatever they'd like, when they'd like, and how they'd like. They don't need to answer to anyone really; they just pretend to.
Cybrespace is an instance of Mastodon, a social network based on open web protocols and free, open-source software. It is decentralized like e-mail.