@mjog @TheGibson there are a few things you just kinda need to have working on a laptop:
- the keyboard
- the touchpad
- the display
- at least one network interface
- ideally, the lid switch, bluetooth, webcam, speaker, and microphone, but these don't entirely prevent it from being useful.
the problem is that all of these have shockingly bad vendor firmware they're locked behind on basically all hardware on the market.
@mjog @TheGibson the primary barriers to getting a stock distro running on the Pinebook Pro are probably:
- whatever is going on with the keyboard and touchpad
- getting it to output over whatever interface it uses, we're guessing eDP, for the integrated display
- getting the horrific SDIO wifi stack working, which as far as we know just means you're gonna need a proprietary blob
and then from there, you have a bunch more to do get it from "barely operational" to "usable"
Cybrespace is an instance of Mastodon, a social network based on open web protocols and free, open-source software. It is decentralized like e-mail.