dsm shitpost Show more
parents, if your child has at least two of:
- A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated characteristics).
- A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent development of anticipated characteristics).
- A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender.
- A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some gender different from one’s assigned gender).
- A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some gender different from one’s assigned gender).
- A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some gender different from one’s assigned gender).
then they have gender dysphoria and you should respect them
parents, if your son:
- wears their hair long
- has a ridiculous number of saved J. Am. Acad. Adolesc. Psych. and J. Pyschoneuroendocrinology papers in Zotero and a odd fondness for talking about brainweirdness
- is sad all the time
- hates their physical form
- tried to tell you they were trans but you didn't listen
then you have a daughter, sorry. stop fucking pretending you don't
Aye beautiful people.
In the society we inhabit, there is a lot of shame around asking for help. Although we exist in a culture that exploits literally everything we do to benefit a few people, we are magically supposed to figure out a way to be ok.
Your value as a person has nothing to with how much you produce for people that do not care an inch about your well being.
Doing what you need to do in said society is a noble act.
As Malcolm X famously said, "By any means necessary"
Mods of other instances: Would you want to be involved in an archival project of mastodon. With instances being taken down and lost hundreds of gigabytes is lost. By making a considerable effort to retain this information it may eventually be useful to someone in the future. I'm worried that this early era of mastodon will be lost if it's not preserved.
Android app reviews, shade Show more
I'm also impressed with how quickly it up opens up.
You know, like a reasonably-sized native application.
Android app reviews Show more
Trying K9 mail. I heard it was ugly, but honestly? I'm pretty ok with it not being super-stylized.
Tech transfemme. Code sorceress and ops witch. Also, shameless selfies.
Profile picture is art by @eevee
ｃｙｂｒｅｓｐａｃｅ: the social hub of the information superhighway
jack in to the mastodon fediverse today and surf the dataflow through our cybrepunk, slightly glitchy web portal