A PSA to XR activists:
1. Don’t expect the police to respect your right to protest or, for that matter, the law.
2. Broadcasting plans to break the law is a sure-fire way to get yourself in trouble
3. Talking to the police just helps their efforts to gather intelligence
4. The police want you to spread information about ‘conditions’ they impose on protests:
5. Keep your personal details private!
@tristan957 it stands for high-bandwidth digital content protection. It's used to prevent high-quality content from being streamed unencrypted to your display. It attempts (and fails) to establish end-to-end encryption between e.g. netflix and e.g. your GPU.
Makes you wonder about all those bank robbery scenes in westerns, doesn't it? Towns full of people who worked mines, ranch hands, many of which were chicano or freedmen, with one or two banks running everything, often as organs of a company town. Would have been even easier back then. Didn't even have feds, back then.
will always follow back, , , they/them/their, egocom
Cybrespace is an instance of Mastodon, a social network based on open web protocols and free, open-source software. It is decentralized like e-mail.