i've got too much time on my hands so i'm converting Season 1 Episode 1 to 1440x960 60fps using video2x (waifu2x base video upscaler) and ffmpeg motion interpolation, it's incredibly slow :D

wow, such HD, (the upscaling is going to take ~13 Hours, and i don't even want to know how long the motion interpolation will take)

hey, remember this? i rewrote the script to run on top of vapoursynth and use a different upscaler (nnedi3_rpow2), it's much faater, about two hours per episode (one if i remove the cleanup filters) and it uses *much* less disk space since it just decodes the video shoves the frames through vapoursynth and encodes it instead of slicing it into frames first keybase.pub/earthnuker/Upscale

I revived this project after bouncing between a few upscalers i settled on using Vapoursynth, I'm directly feeding in the remuxed video stream from the DVD into it, deinterlacing using IVTC+QTGMC, debocking, doing some cleanup using a few spatio-temporal denoisers, upscaling using waifu2x-vulkan, some more sharpening, motion interpolation using RIFE and then everything gets piped into FFmpeg for encoding it takes about an hour per minute of input video :(

did some more messing around and tested a few upscaling algorithm, so far RealESRGAN with x2 oversampling is my favourite
imgsli.com/NjY0OTc
imgsli.com/NjY0OTg
imgsli.com/NjY0OTk

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Cybrespace

the mastodon instance at cybre.space is retiring

see the end-of-life plan for details: https://cybre.space/~chr/cybre-space-eol